BIRDOSWALD 09A - Birdoswald Farmhouse
Birdoswald Farmhouse beside Birdoswald Roman Fort 'Banna', near Gilsland in Cumbria.
Much of the building as seen today was was built by Henry Norman in 1858 around the remains of a 15-16th century farmhouse. Henry Norman was an antiquerian and chose to start excavating the foundations of the fort as part of his garden landscaping.
November 29, 2014
This image is the property of Joan Martin (PHOTO NORTH uk) All Rights Reserved
This website uses essential cookies. Learn more