RAVENSTONEDALE 04A - Cross shaft, St Oswald's Church
Cross shaft in Saint Oswald's churchyard, Ravenstonedale in the Eden district of Cumbria and the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
The cross shaft and base probably date back to the Anglo-Saxon and Viking Period. The shaft used to have a 1700 sundial attached to the top.
May 23, 2016
© Joan Martin (PHOTO NORTH). All Rights Reserved.
This website uses essential cookies. Learn more