GARSTANG 01A - The Market Cross
The Market Cross, Garstang, Lancashire.
In 1310 Edward II granted a market charter to the town. The original medieval market cross was taken down in 1754 and replaced by the present obelisk, which was restored in 1887 to commemorate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. The steps date back to the 16th or 17th century.
May 17, 2016
This image is the property of Joan Martin (PHOTO NORTH uk) All Rights Reserved
This website uses essential cookies. Learn more