RIBCHESTER 05A - St Wilfrid's Church
St. Wilfrid's Church, Ribchester in the Forest of Bowland, Lancashire.
St Wilfrid's dates from the 13th century, and was built over the site of the Roman fort, Bremetennacum ( the fort granneries can be accessed from the churchyard)..The church is primarily 13th century with a Perpendicular tower. The south porch and north chapel are 14th century. There is a 14th-century font, and a Jacobean pulpit dated 1636. Grade 1 listed.
February 26, 2019
This image is the property of Joan Martin (PHOTO NORTH uk) All Rights Reserved
This website uses essential cookies. Learn more