LANCASTER 20A - St. George's Quay
St. George's Quay and the River Lune, Lancaster.
The quay was built in 1750 during Lancaster's Golden Age as a port when sugar, cotton, rum, mahogany and slaves would be unloaded off ships from Africa and the West Indies. At this time there were believed to be fifty inns catering for the sailors along the quayside.
February 01, 2012
© Joan Martin (PHOTO NORTH). All Rights Reserved.
Mpixels (43.9 MB uncompressed) - 4797x3200 pixels (15.9x10.6 in / 40.6x27.1 cm at 300 ppi)
This website uses essential cookies. Learn more