SEAHOUSES 21A - The Powder House
The Powder House, on the sandstone rocks cllose to Seahouses Point at Seahouses on the Northumberland Coast.
The Powder House was built in 1886 to store gunpowder that was used for blasting during the construction of the new harbour. It was positioned away from the village and out of reach of the sea. This sandstone structure has recently been restored. The Farne Islands lie in the distance.
May 14, 2017
© Joan Martin (PHOTO NORTH). All Rights Reserved
This website uses essential cookies. Learn more