RELATED PAGES: Ramsons (wild garlic) Home Page
I collected some young ramsons (wild garlic) leaves this morning and made this soup from ingredients I already had in my kitchen. Sadly there was no creme fraiche, but that didn't matter. The soup was quick to make, very easy and quite delicious. I made a batch of the wild garlic and cheese scones to go with it and had a very tasty and super healthy lunch!
2 tbsp vegetable oil.
1 onion, chopped
500g potatoes, peeled and diced
1 litre veg stock
50g wild garlic leaves, washed and roughly shredded.
Salt and pepper
Creme fraiche to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and gently fry on a low heat until softened
- Add the potatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked
- Add the wild garlic, reserving a few shreds for garnish.
- Blitz with a blender until smooth, with just flecks of wild garlic.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with a swirl of crème fraiche and some shreds of wild garlic.