KIRKBY STEPHEN 01A - Kirkby Stephen West Railway Station
Kirkby Stephen Railway Station on the Carlisle to Settle Line, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria.
Kirkby Stephen Station was built in 1876 to a design by John Holloway Sanders for the Midland Railway Company. The station is over a mile from the town and this remote location was necessitated by the Midland Railway's desire to restrict gradients on the line to 1 in 100. This station (formerly known as Kirkby Stephen West Station) was closed in May 1970, but was reopened by British Rail in July 1986.
January 02, 2017
© Joan Martin (PHOTO NORTH). All Rights Reserved
This website uses essential cookies. Learn more